Tuesday 27 July 2010

Fame!

I have never been a person that dreamed of being famous, or having my picture in a magazine. In fact I think that would be one of my worst nightmares, but since becoming a Hong Kong Kindergarten teacher I have found my fame.

Walking around the school brings shouts of, “Miss Abby” from previous and current students and some I don't recognise as ever being in my class. I wave and smile as I go about my day. When a lot of parents come in, such as on party days, parent's days, or sometimes just normal school days, the paparazzi arrive. Photo shoots have become the norm.

I have just sorted out a huge bag I brought back from school at the end of term. Inside were photos, drawings, cards and letters from the children and parents of those children that I have taught over the past five years. They have been taking up a very big space in my classroom cupboard for so long, and now I will be changing classroom I thought it would be a good time to bring them all home to take up space in my spare room. I now have part of a shelf dedicated to fan mail.

No comments:

Post a Comment